The ultimate place for gamers around the globe to enjoy great music and DJ's, catch up on the latest in gaming news, and to express themselves as a member of the most awesome gaming community on the internet.

What kind of games are you into?

Admin
    Admin

Rooster
    Birthday : 1981-12-12
    Humor : I'm actually evil.

What kind of games are you into?

Post  Admin on Sun May 10, 2009 5:59 pm

We want to know want kind of games you like! The more we know about your gaming agenda, the more we can customize GCR to fit your needs and wants. Gaming and music combined to your standards... what more could you ask for?!
    Ariah
    Admin

Buffalo
    Birthday : 1985-04-11
    Humor : Shadows indeed have their own mind and sometimes appear even without light to cast them.

Re: What kind of games are you into?

Post  Ariah on Sun May 17, 2009 4:36 am

Mostly I prefer RPG's, both with online MMO's and console games. I'm really not too big on first person shooters unless I'm doing something solo because I really suck at those games and when I multi-play i always get shown up. :-D hehe.

Um, I like a lot of old fashioned games like Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong and who can resist Kerby right? Pac Man still rawks my sawks too.

Then of course there's the fighting games. Mortal Kombat and similar games where you just knock your friend or the computer senseless. Plus I like the gore, it makes me laugh. (Whoa. I just totally sounded like Richard...)

So yeah, I don't really have any one particular favorite console game, but when it comes to online games, Perfect World is tip tops. My main character is Ariah (lol imagine that) and she's currently a lvl 58 Veno and Director of the most awesome faction, Salvation.

:-D Well that's pretty much it. Toodles! bounce

Snake
    Birthday : 1989-12-19

Post  Rivkah on Fri May 22, 2009 10:19 am

I don't really have a favourite game style- I've pretty much played them all, and liked them all, though I play RPGs more often now. For the longest time, I was purely into the first-person shooters. I played the old Donkey Kong games on our Nintendo set a whole bunch, but Quake III was the first game I really got into, in part because it let me play online with my brother in the states. Then Doom and Halflife and all those other well-known FPSs (Gears of War ftw ^^)

Streetfighter was a whole lot of fun, but I never got entirely into it because the only person I'd play with was my brother, and he'd totally knock my socks off every time I picked up the controller xD The game of that style I got into mostly was Dead or Alive, which was a whole lot of fun. Played DoA III and IV, but I think I preferred the first one.

Ahh, RPGs Very Happy Not the first game style I got into, but the one I spend the most time on now. I love the Blizzard games- Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos, the Frozen Throne expansion, and, of course, Starcraft. Morrowind is another absolute favourite. Can't even give an estimate for the number of hours entertained by that game. Oblivion was fun too, but I prefer the Elder Scrolls III to IV. Another RPG I enjoyed was Drakan: Order of the Flame, which I loved because you got to ride a dragon and wield lots of cool swords to boot.Freelancer I'd put kind of in the same category as Starcraft, because it's a good game but pretty old, so it can be harder to appreciate if you started playing with the newer stuff with better graphics. Black and White was very entertaining and followed a very cool concept, too.

I dabbled in civilization-building games, both turn-based and otherwise, but those never really merited the 'favourite' spot. Sid Meiers Civilizations III, IV, and Play the Wold were all pretty good. Also played Command and Conquer and Ages of Empires III and Empire Earth, all very fun. I tried playing Rome: Total War, a little bit.. but honestly, it just got tedious, because all I wanted to do was go kill things, not plan drawn out battles that would involve lots of strategy and very few of those satisfying corpse piles.

I guess if I had to pick a favourite it'd be RPG, but sometimes those FPS are just so much more satisfying!
    Kahlan

Horse
    Birthday : 1990-02-01
    Humor : Well... depends on the topic. Generally sarcasm

Post  Kahlan on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:46 pm

I play RPGs, such as Shaiya and Neverwinter Nights and Diablo 2. I also play first-person shooters like CoD4 and GoW2. I play Madden and NCAA '09 on my 360, and I enjoy real-time strategies like Age of Empires and Empire Earth. Most games appeal to me. I even get a kick out of Zuma and Geometry Wars. Anything that tickles my fancy I'll play, and I'm not afraid to try new games.
    Sorr

Rooster
    Birthday : 1957-02-08
    Humor : sometimes weird but always!

Post  Sorr on Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:32 pm

Besides the obvious choices of RPG and MMORPG, some FPS play and racing, racing, racing.My poor no-money pocket will be sorely stretched with Forza3 and Need for Speed's shift coming out, plus Tiger Woods 2010.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:42 pm