Gamer's Choice Radio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ultimate place for gamers around the globe to enjoy great music and DJ's, catch up on the latest in gaming news, and to express themselves as a member of the most awesome gaming community on the internet.

Guild Wars Review

ZainZalon
    ZainZalon
    Admin

Cat
    Birthday : 1987-06-10
    Humor : "Wait....you want to take agro? Okay, I'll just be over here....*whispers* laughing my butt off"

Guild Wars Review Empty Guild Wars Review

Post  ZainZalon Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:37 pm

(Posted on May 24th, 2009)

THIS WEEK'S REVIEW: GUILD WARS
    Hey all. Zain here again for the second edition of “Zain’s Gaming Reviews.” I apologize for not having done a review last week, but it was my birthday so I had a good reason. So :-P

This weeks game that I will be reviewing is “Guild Wars.”

Guild Wars is a multi series MMORPG that was brought out in April of 2005. This particular MMORPG is unique in the regard that you actually don't have to party with others to play and succeed well in it, though that's not as much fun as partying with other human players. The party system is what makes it unique in that you can use NPCs called Henchmen and Heroes (from Nightfall and Eye of the North). Another unique thing about this game is that even though you do have to buy the game, internet play is completely free. Also, the ability to dual class and change your skills in towns to take care of missions and quests that you normally wouldn't be able to handle is sweet.

The game currently has 3 full games (Guild Wars: Prophecies, Guild Wars: Factions, and Guild Wars: Nightfall) and 1 true expansion (Guild Wars: Eye of the North). Other than Eye of the North, you don’t need all the games to play completely, though, the more you have, the more areas you can access, more skills, etc. All the games also connect to each other, so you can take your character from Prophecies and send it over to Nightfall for example.

Now time for my review:

Graphics: Another game where the graphics are just exceptional. The graphics also do not hamper your speed, meaning that you can play this game even with a simple dial-up connection. But when you have it on the highest settings, everything just looks life like.
    Reward: ☆☆☆☆☆

Storyline: Since you do have to pay to buy each of the games, there is a sweet storyline for each of the games. Basically, the same style storyline goes in all of them, you have to stop someone from destroying the world (not a surprise from all the MMOs Razz). Even still, the storyline is just awesome.

Interface: In each of the three games (Prophecies, Factions, and Nightfall), the interface is explained rather well. It is tricky though in the height of battle to be used to it. But once you are used to it, you’ll have no trouble at all. Also, with Nightfall and Eye of the North, you have access to “Heroes”. Basically, these are npcs that you decide what skills they use, what weapons they use, how they use them, etc. Even this is explained rather well, but until you use it a lot, it’ll be tough at first.

Music: Thankfully the music isn’t AS repetitive as most MMORPGS are. Most areas you’ll hear the same music, but depending on the section of the map you are in, it will change.
    Reward: ☆☆☆☆

Cost: As I explained earlier, this game is one you have to buy the game itself, however, once you've purchased the game, you don’t have to pay for it every month, it's just a one time fee. And they do have several bundles together now, making it worth paying for it. You can purchase a boxed PC disk set or you can purchase it directly from the site, download the installation file and enter the key they give you upon purchase.
    Reward: ☆☆☆☆

Well, with that, the second game has been reviewed.
    I give this game a 4/5 star rating ☆☆☆☆

Okay, well with that, I must call it a day. Hope you all come back for the third edition of “Zain’s Gaming Reviews” when I will be reviewing two games next time, the MMORPG “Shaiya” and the console game “Fallout 3.”

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:33 pm