The ultimate place for gamers around the globe to enjoy great music and DJ's, catch up on the latest in gaming news, and to express themselves as a member of the most awesome gaming community on the internet.

Neverwinter Nights

ZainZalon
    Admin

Cat
    Birthday : 1987-06-10
    Humor : "Wait....you want to take agro? Okay, I'll just be over here....*whispers* laughing my butt off"

Neverwinter Nights

Post  ZainZalon on Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:21 pm

(Aired on July 15th, 2009)

Hey all, Zain here once again with the 5th Edition of “Zain's Gaming Reviews.”

Wow, still no problems with my reviews? I am actually shocked. I'd be getting those comments on the forums or else I'll think that you actually like my reviews. *laughs.*

Okay, well, this week's gaming review is “Neverwinter Nights.”

Neverwinter Nights is a RPG based computer game made by BioWare. It uses the 3rd edition of the Dungeon & Dragons and Forgotten Realms rules set. This game was released on June 18th, 2002 (two days later for Linux and August for Mac).

This is a classic game that all D&D fans would like (in my opinion). With all sorts of new spells, skills, etc and limited removal of certain parts of those makes this game truly unique.

The game currently has the full game (Neverwinter Nights), 2 expansions (Shadows of Undertide and Hordes of the Underdark), 5 Premium Modules, and hundreds of player made modules (Yes I said HUNDREDS). With all this content, you will never be bored.

Review Time!

Graphics: Okay, these graphics may seem like a little off in comparsion to today's gaming graphics, but even still, they are damn good. Spells like Fireball streaming to the enemies and exploding, Heal bringing a pillar of blue light straight onto an ally to heal them, etc.
    Reward: ☆☆☆☆☆

Storyline: I definitely can't not give anything away from the storylines from any parts of this game. Let me just say this, you'll be playing for hours (even days), the storylines are that damn good.

Interface: Okay...the interface is rather tricky at first, even with the explanations at the beginning of the games, it takes some time to get used to it (especially for spellcasters).
    Reward: ☆☆☆☆

Music: When you first get into the game itself, you wonder if there is any music in the game at all. Yes, there is, but it's so quiet you have to turn up the music in the options just to hear it. When you do so, it's not as repetitive as most games.
    Reward: ☆☆☆☆

Cost: Okay, now, you would think with all this kind of content (minus the free to download player modules), you'd be looking at a lot for this game. Wrong. The newest bundle for this game, Diamond Edition, comes with the full game, Shadows of Undertide, Hordes of the Underdark AND 3 of the 5 Premium Modules, all for $19.99. So, you would be insane NOT to get this game for that cost.

So with that, I give this game a 4 out of 5 rating: ☆☆☆☆☆

Well, that's it for me. I must call it a day with the review. By now, you should be listening to the reviews as they have yet to change their time. So, for those who still read, you'll have to wait to find out the next review on “Zain's Gaming Reviews.”