The ultimate place for gamers around the globe to enjoy great music and DJ's, catch up on the latest in gaming news, and to express themselves as a member of the most awesome gaming community on the internet.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

ZainZalon
    Admin

Cat
    Birthday : 1987-06-10
    Humor : "Wait....you want to take agro? Okay, I'll just be over here....*whispers* laughing my butt off"

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Post  ZainZalon on Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:22 pm

(Aired on July 22nd, 2009)

Hey all, welcome to the 6th edition of “Zain’s Gaming Reviews.” I hope everyone has been enjoying these reviews.

This week’s gaming review is “Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.”

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is a third-person action-adventure game that was created by LucasArts and released in September of 2008 for, virtually, every console and portable gaming unit out there. Due to the fact there is so damn many versions, I’ll be talking about just one, the Wii version.

As with majority of the Wii games, you actually have to make the actions (outside of walking and jumping) to have your character do things. You can still use the buttons like normal, but again, where is the fun in that? This game, the ability to combo your attacks with the movement control of the Wii makes dishing out the damage all the more fun.

This Star Wars game is probably one of the best of the series to me (the exception being X-Wing Alliance).

Review time!

Graphics: All I can say is O….M….G. The graphics here are just awesome. The developers have taken the dark side force powers and just sent them into the stratosphere.
    Reward: ☆☆☆☆☆

Storyline: The story of this game takes place between Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and Episode IV: A New Hope. Your character is the fabled secret apprentice of Darth Vader. I really can’t go into it any further, but it is just awesome.

Interface: Okay, the strike that comes down now. The interface is tough and it will take you about 1/3 to 1/2 of the game to get it down right. Once you do, it’s a cake walk to get through swarms of enemies and bosses.
    Reward: ☆☆☆

Music: The music is pretty unique, you’ll hear some of it over and over again, but that’s only when you have to revisit the worlds. Of course, you do have some of the classic Star Wars music in there too, but you won’t have any problem with it either.
    Reward: ☆☆☆☆☆ (The first game to get the 5 star in music too)

Cost: Okay, good news, depending on your console, you are looking between $19.99 and $29.99 (according to amazon.com). So there is no reason NOT to get this game.

Well, that’s it for this review. The Force Unleashed gets a 4/5 rating.
    Okay, that’s it for this week. As you all know by now, you have to tune in to find out what next weeks review will be (and Ariah has been posting them the week after I do the review so you really need to tune in). See you all next time for “Zain’s Gaming Reviews”

Current date/time is Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:21 am