The ultimate place for gamers around the globe to enjoy great music and DJ's, catch up on the latest in gaming news, and to express themselves as a member of the most awesome gaming community on the internet.

The Never Ending, Add Your Line To The Story, Story

Ariah
    Admin

Buffalo
    Birthday : 1985-04-11
    Humor : Shadows indeed have their own mind and sometimes appear even without light to cast them.

Re: The Never Ending, Add Your Line To The Story, Story

Post  Ariah on Sat May 30, 2009 12:22 pm

Talvar giggled like a child, or rather hackled, which sent shivers down Tristan's spine. As he looked around the small tent his shivers turned into prickled goose bumps as he noticed something he hadn't seen when he entered. Behind Talvar was wooden table covered with various kinds of forks. No...Tristan thought, They're not forks... they're... SPORKS! Sporks carved from wood, stone and bone and some a bright silver, but one, in the center was larger than the rest and looked like it was made of gold. Tristan felt his stomach churn. For a moment he thought he would soon lose what little was in it. But his thoughts were interrupted with something he remembered hearing from Pura and his worst fears were confirmed.

The old man quit his wretched laugh and spoke again. "You are going to train Pura, and I am going to train you; in the art of Sporkmeistering!"

"Sp.. sp.. Sporkmeistering?" Tristan stammered.

Rat
    Birthday : 1984-10-29

Post  Siah on Sat May 30, 2009 4:43 pm

"Yes a secret class of individual. Not unlike a Hoff-Meister... You'll learn all there is to know about sporks and if you're good enough, about ponies too." Talvar smiled and what little teeth he did have were darked than his compextion.
    Tristan smiled, he found that an eating utensil and its mastery was a definate waste of a djinn or dragon or whatever Pura was. He would entertain his old man as it was he and Pura that saved him from certain battle, if not death.

"Choose a spork to meet your fancy or fancy your meat." Another giggle from Talvar, he tried to gesture to the table behind him, but was doubled over laughing at his own joke. Tristan shook his head.
    Ariah
    Admin

Buffalo
    Humor : Shadows indeed have their own mind and sometimes appear even without light to cast them.

Post  Ariah on Sat May 30, 2009 4:55 pm

Well if he had to pick out his own spork, Tristan figured he should at least choose one that was durable. So he looked over the silver sporks. He didn't dare touch the gold one in the center, it was sure to be sacred or at least sacred to Talvar. Tristan chose a spork that was about the same length as his hand, and was completely smooth but for the small green jewel that was embedded at the bottom of the spork (if one were to hold the spork with the tines pointed up). He thought he had imagined it, but he could have sworn that the jewel glowed slightly when he picked up the spork. Regardless of nonsensical this all was, he had just acquired a nice new utensil.

Rat

Post  Siah on Sat May 30, 2009 5:19 pm

There was nothing quite like a jewel uncrusted spork, well a jewel embedded one at any rate. Tristan held the spork up to the light shining through the tent entrance. Talvar grabbed for the spork, Tristan dodged and the old man grunted with pleasure. "You protect your spork without even meaning to. You'll be an excellent addition to Sporkmeisters. The spork will keep you alive in many situations and it will allow you to eat with diginty at all times. Keep it near, you only get one for free." Another snicker escaped Talvar's pursed lips.

Tristan admired the gem, he felt like it belonged to him and was his one and only. It was, in reality, his first ever spork. He heard a soft commotion outside of the tent and Pura's head appeared in the entrance, she smiled warmly.
    Rivkah

Snake
    Birthday : 1989-12-19

Post  Rivkah on Sun May 31, 2009 6:24 am

"Ah," the djinn said, positively glowing with pleasure, "you've gotten your first spork already? Talvar always makes prospectives jump through all kinds of hoops and answer all sorts of questions before he usually gives them a spork. He must truly trust you, Tristan!" The young assassin was on the verge of flushing with pleasure at the compliment, before he caught on to the rest of her sentence - the other prospectives. "What others?" he demanded.

"Oh, you know, the others that we thought would fulfill the prophesy and restore the power of sporkmeisters through the land."

Oh. "What happened to them?" he asked, afraid of the answer.

"Well, they all met horrible deaths in the training process, silly. What else could have happened?" She giggled again, completely oblivious to the panic-stricken look on Tristan's face. "But that won't happen to you- look at your spork, you've picked a powerful one! The power of the sporks speaks to you!" She stuck her head back out of the tent, but held one flap open. Tristan looked over at Talvar- the old man gestured to indicate he should follow her.
    Siah

Rat

Post  Siah on Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:56 am

Stepping back into the light of day, Tristan blinked a few times. Pura walked over to a knee-heighth fence of wittle and hemp. Beyond the fence was a series of straw dummies each made to look like full-grown men. There were a few archers already at the fence firing off arrows at the targets, their accuracy was incredible. Pura moved to a section of the fence where no one else was, Tristan was a few steps behind her.

Pura spoke with a smile,"See the targets?" Tristan nodded. "You're to decapitate two of each distance, two close ones, two medium one, two medium-far ones and two far ones. This is just to test your belief in -"

"Its a spork!" Tristan was dumbfounded with shock and held the spork out to Pura like it was diseased, "Listen to me, djinn, this is an eating utensil not some war-winning machination of magickers." he stared fixedly at her.
    Ariah
    Admin

Buffalo

Post  Ariah on Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:23 am

"So what now?", Tristan asked with less sarcasm and more genuine curiosity.

Pura giggled cutely. "Well the least we can do after... well, basically kidnapping you and scaring you half to death, is to give you a good meal and get you a comfy bed for the night."

This made Tristan smile. He hadn't had a good wholesome meal in at least a week. He could already imagine a warm quilt and soft down pillow. Pura led him to the tent that would now be his own. Two platters of delicious smelling food were already set upon a small table inside. He and Pura shared the wonderful meal, with little chit chat, as they were both hearty eaters.

A while later Pura bid him good night and left so he could rest. The blanket and pillow were just as he had imagined, and he found the fur stuffed mattress to be very warm and comfortable as well. The stars began to shine with a renewed spirit, as if they knew that he was going to save the world they shone down upon. He was reassured by the twinkling that he could see through the top of the tent. Starlight was the last thing he saw before his eyes closed and his thoughts succumbed to the hazy world of dreams...

Rat

Post  Siah on Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:58 am

Tristan woke with a start, a massive spear was driven through his chest. Talvar stood over him laughing.
    "Do you think that not one of the others was worthy of the spork? Of course they were. I decided that they weren't and I do not find you worthy either!" Talvar smiled menacingly at Tristan and bade him a goodnight before he left the tent.

Tristan was stunned and shocked, oddly enough he felt no pain and surmised that something could very well be severed. He reached for his spork. The spear prevented him from calling anyone, he had no strength and there was hardly any air in his lungs. The spork was just out of reach... he just couldn't get to it. He stared at the spork, willed it closer. It shook a little before hovering in place an inch above the nightstand.

Tristan woke with a start... He was sitting upright and panting, Pura was calling him from outside of his tent. His spork was lying on the floor next to the nightstand - out of arm's reach.
    Ariah
    Admin

Buffalo

Post  Ariah on Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:11 am

(Nice save for my mess up there Siah. Sorry about that. Apparently when I had gone back to previous page to see what was written I somehow forgot to turn back to the last page to see what you had done with the target practice. Ouchies, I really messed it up but you saved it nicely! Thanks!)

How much of that was a dream? Tristan wondered to himself. He looked around, pinched himself good and hard to make sure he was really awake. "OUCH! Mmkay, yeah that hurt alright..."

"What are you babbling about Tristan?" Pura was still calling to him and sounded rather impatient. He scooped up the spork in one swift motion and hurried outside. He didn't need to worry about dressing since he had slept in his clothes.

"Pura! Pura! What did I do yesterday?" Tristan looked anxious to Pura and she knew he'd had a bad dream. She read his thoughts and quickly replied.

"You met with Talvar, got your spork and rested for the night."

"So I haven't started training yet?" Tristan eyed her carefully, wondering if she would fib to him to make him feel better or if he really had dreamed those strange events in such a strange order.

"Tristan, all you did was talk to Talvar, get your spork, and you went to sleep." Pura crossed her arms, knowing what he was going to ask next.

"Pura, stop reading my mind first of all. So we didn't eat together? I didn't eat anything before I went to sleep? I just went to sleep?" Still eying her, Tristan tried to look stern, rather than confused.

"No Tristan, you just went to sleep. Now quit fooling around and come on. If training is what you want, then that's what's in store for today."

Rat

Post  Siah on Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:16 am

Pura walked over to a knee-high fence of wittle and hemp. Beyond the fence was a series of straw dummies each made to look like full-grown men. There was no one else about this early in the morning. Tristan, following a few steps behind Pura, was in a trance-like state. He had seen this before! He was so certain that it all looked exactly as he had dreamed it.

Pura spoke with a smile,"See the targets?" Tristan nodded. "You're to decapitate two of each distance, two close ones, two medium one, two medium-far ones and two far ones. This is just to test your belief in -"

"Its a spork!" Tristan was dumbfounded this was just like his dream. He stopped and looked at Pura with absolute amazement."Uh... do continue." He smiled weakly. Pura pointed her spork at a nearby target and then placed a small potatoe on the spork. With a 'twang' the potatoe sailed through the air and decapitated the target. Tristan laughed until the tears flowed down his cheeks.
    Falcus

Pig
    Birthday : 1959-05-29
    Humor : If you die I'll Just Spork'um

Post  Falcus on Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:11 pm

Her mood quickly became somber as she explained the unique nature of the spork and how such a seemingly common device was actually a very powerful magical tool. It seems the spoon portion of the spork is the means to focus the energy of the plucked tines of the spork. She reminded him of thier meeting and the melodic tone before her transformation. She then told him it was not only dependent on the tone but also the thoughts of the wielder.

He looked at her and said then the Spork can be used to Do what ever i am thinking ?? She looked at him and shook her head "not exactly, it is a tool that can assist you, in your desires. But it must be what you truly desire, or the result will become random and chaotic."

She then turned facing one of the dummies, and holding her spork plucked one of the tines, the dummies began to tremble slightly at first and then more intensely. As she plucked the second tine the dummie began to smoke and when she plucked the third tine the dummie burst into flames briefly and then exploded in such a manner that the crowd scattered and Tristan dove for cover out of instinct.
    Siah

Rat

Post  Siah on Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:47 am

Tristan stood, dusting himself off he moved up to Pura. She mumbled some arcane words and the flames died down to disappeare. His spork was in his hand and he couldn't but help the feeling of uneasiness that grasped at his stomach. Could such power really exist within him? Could he be made to do such great and grand things as these shown by Pura?

"Alright, before we leave to satiate our hunger, hold your spork out before you and aim at one of the targets." Tristan obeyed Pura's instruction, "Now... use the tines to focus your will onto the spoon of the spork. Then release it at the target."
    Ariah
    Admin

Buffalo

Post  Ariah on Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:00 pm

Holding out his spork before him, Tristan wasn't entirely sure how to do it. He focused on the scoop of the spork with all the concentration he thought he could muster, not sure if what he was doing was right, he imagined a ball of fire curling and swirling in the center of the scoop. He stared into the scoop, allowing himself to drift away from reality and watch the fire grow more intense and fierce inside the little reflection. After a few moments he narrowed his vision, held the spork a bit higher so that the scoop and the straw dummy were lined together, and he gently plucked the first tine. All of the dummies burst into flames and Tristan heard Pura scream "GET DOWN!" as she ducked to the ground and covered her head. Tristan couldn't move, he was too engrossed in the flames that surrounded him. Tristan plucked the second tine quickly and a ball of energy surrounded him and Pura as everyone else scattered away as quickly as they could.

Moments later, Pura was standing next to him, holding her spork and chanting something arcane. A tine pluck on her spork and the flames were gone. Nothing remained in the training field but scorched land and the two of them standing in the midst of it. A small area of about five feet around them was untouched by flames. Tristan shook his head. Pura stood staring at him in shock then blurted out, "How in the name of the mighty Sporkmeister did you do that?!?!"

Rat

Post  Siah on Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:30 am

"Not my fault, that dinner from last night kept repeating on me!" Tristan's stomach growled in agreement. He was so embaressed!

Pura looked at him with disbelief, "You did all this... because while making flames you broke wi-!?!"

Tristan blushed and a high pitched squeeking noise made a strong entrance.
    Pura gagged. Tristan blushed.
    Pura moved further away. Tristan blushed.
    Ariah
    Admin

Buffalo

Post  Ariah on Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:41 pm

(Steals Zain's Ban hammer and chases Siah with it! I was tryin' to make Tristan a bad@$$ lol!!!! Yikes!!! Who's the dork now, huh??!!! LMAO!!!)

As Pura backed away from Tristan she yelled at him, "See if I let you have good food again! And what was with that protective shield thing that you did, huh??? How did you do that?!?!"

Rat

Post  Siah on Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:29 am

(Rubs noggin - You guys are trying to give me brain damage!)

Pura looked at Tristan, he was showing more interest in the ways of the spork. Tristan's blushing subsided.

He opened his mouth to speak and did so as normally as possible. "Okay, may I try again? I would like to perfect my attacking skills." Pura nodded, Tristan focussed, the spork was aimed...

Last edited by Siah on Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    Ariah
    Admin

Buffalo

Post  Ariah on Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:16 am

Editorial Note:
    ((((Lmao I give up lol, ahem tristan was the one who created the force field and pura was the one asking him how the heck he did it.. she's in shock that he was able to do so much his first time using the spork.))))

Rat

Post  Siah on Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:40 am

Tristan focussed through the air around him. It was dense and heavy and moist, a little too moist...

He focussed and a small flame appeared on the spork as he flipped his fingers over spork's fork. The flame shot forward and Pura noticed that the moisture seemed to dry up immediately. Tristan was very adept indeed. He showed great promise, and the forcefield of earlier, that had her wondering too.
    Ariah
    Admin

Buffalo

Post  Ariah on Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:09 pm

Their practice was cut short when Talvan came hobbling up to them as quickly as he could. He grabbed Tristan's upper arm. His words were drenched with alarm.

"Tristan enough dawdling. There's no time for practice anymore. You and Pura come with me. Elonne had a vision. You must speak with her immediately! Follow me. You too, Pura!"

Tristan looked at Pura as if to say 'what have you gotten me into, you crazy dragon woman!'

Rat

Post  Siah on Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:18 am

"Elonne?" Was all that Tristan managed to say as his mind wondered and he was pulled away from the practicing pitch. Pura followed the young man as he was yanked repeatedly by Talvan.

Talvan stopped outside of a large ornate tent. Shiny baubles and great weapons of differing hues adorned the exterior. There was a feint moaning and chanting sound coming from within the structure. Tristan paused as he was nudged forward by the old man's hand. He pushed his way through the flap and entered with Pura a few steps behind him.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:27 am