Gamer's Choice Radio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ultimate place for gamers around the globe to enjoy great music and DJ's, catch up on the latest in gaming news, and to express themselves as a member of the most awesome gaming community on the internet.

+3
Ariah
Rivkah
Admin
7 posters

Let us know what you like!

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Rooster
    Birthday : 1981-12-12
    Humor : I'm actually evil.

Let us know what you like! Empty Let us know what you like!

Post  Admin Sun May 10, 2009 5:57 pm

Tell us all about your favorite music. What gets you going? What do you like to groove to while you play your favorite games? The more you tell us what you want, the more we will make sure you get it!
    Rivkah
    Rivkah

Snake
    Birthday : 1989-12-19

Let us know what you like! Empty Re: Let us know what you like!

Post  Rivkah Sat May 23, 2009 5:16 am

I listen to pretty much anything but country and reggae, most of the time, and that's because a lot of country and reggae is much too similar, in my opinion- there are some good songs in each genre, of course, but to me it just gets too monotonous. And I generally prefer a faster tempo, anyway.

Rock and alternative are definitely my favourite genres. I absolutely love Incubus, Snow Patrol, Carolina Liar, Disturbed, Linkin Park, Fallout Boy, Panic! At the Disco, Red, A Perfect Circle, Earshot, and stuff like that. I like everything from the hard rock with a little screaming to the softer rock, like Dishwalla ^^ I also love classical rock. Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin ftw! I love the Beatles, Dire Straits, Cream/Derek and the Dominos, Jimmy Hendrix, Heart, Def Leppard, etc.

I do enjoy classical music, and movie soundtracks (like Gladiator, LoTR, and Pirates of the Carribean). I like most anything by Tchaikovski but the Swan Lake suite is my favourite, and I also like Bach, Liszt, and some of Mozart. I don't listen to classical a whole lot, though.

Also, weirdly enough, I like listening to music in foreign languages (usually French since I'm learning French). I love the band Kyo best, which is a french group I'd probably stick into the category 'alternative.'

If anyone wants to listen to some of my favourite songs, check out my playlists at playlist.com/searinox Very Happy I filled up the first one, Searinox's playlist, so I had to start a Playlist # 2 (very original name, I know). It's mostly rock, lol, but there's other stuff, too.

Last edited by Rivkah on Sun May 24, 2009 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    Ariah
    Ariah
    Admin

Buffalo
    Birthday : 1985-04-11

Post  Ariah Sun May 24, 2009 4:09 am

Wee! I had almost forgotten to post here! :-D

Well lets see... my favorite genre is definitely rock. It doesn't matter if it's hard rock, rock metal, soft rock, punk rock, rock alternative. I just love it all. I also like the regular alternative. Along with punk, pop, jazz, blues, folk, hip hop (but not rap - there's a BIG difference!)

But then I kinda fibbed because I like a little bit of rap, like Eminem, Nelly, DMX and 2 Live Crew. But that's it as far as rap goes. The rest is just... too repetitive and all sounds completely the same to me. Kind of like how Rivkah feels about reggae and country.

Lets see, I do like a little bit of reggae and country too, but I'm very specific about which artists I like. But that's too complicated to go into detail with right now.

I also like classical (but not operetta) and I like instrumental music of almost any genre. Anything without lyrics is awesome to me because I can go off into my own vision of the song without being hindered by the lyrics. But of course I love my songs with lyrics too.

Oldies are great too. I like lots of different genres when it comes to oldies, because lets just face it, the old stuff gave birth to the new stuff and you can't really appreciate the new without knowing where it came from.

Most likely though what I will play most when I DJ will be the rock, alternative and oldies because that seems to be the mainstream of what everyone is into.

But can I tell you guys a little secret?

Shh... It's a really big secret.

I would dump all that other music for all the techno in the world!
    Siah
    Siah

Rat
    Birthday : 1984-10-29

Post  Siah Sat May 30, 2009 5:09 pm

You girls have some excellent choices in music.

Techno? Of course yes!

Throw a little Trance and Heavy House in the mix and you've got everything you need. tongue

I enjoy a good classical piece and even give the likes of Enya and Luciano a listen when I need a relaxation after work. There's so much to listen to, and so much to appreciate.

Old school rock... I don't think you could go wrong with some old school rock, especially when they've got those solos going on the strings! cheers

And just for the fun of it? What about some really hip, upbeat R&B.

I listened to alot of reggae at college, it is repetative I agree. But... the odd one here and there is calming and those bongo's or whatever drums they use are captivating.

Rap? I'd give Busta Rhymes and Eminem a thumbs up. The rest...? Once you've heard one, you've heard 'em all.

How about some vocalists too? Bryan Adams and even Frank Sonatra from way back when. Rolling Eyes Ah and lets not forget Meatloaf for the lovers and Barry White for the peaceable. Just never, ever play Michael Jackson, please... please... please. I'm not questioning his music talent or skill, I just don't like his voice and his whole way of music doesn't appeal to me either. He hasn't as much a wide audience base anyways, I don't think, as some other vocalists. Oh, and German Rap... you can skip those too... same thing over and over again >.<

But all else gets the greenlight from me.

W00t for music, w00t for GCR!!!!
    Kahlan
    Kahlan

Horse
    Birthday : 1990-02-01
    Humor : Well... depends on the topic. Generally sarcasm

Post  Kahlan Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:41 pm

I like almost anything, except the usual: rap, opera (although sometimes it's not too bad), and anything really weird.
    I prefer alternative metal and alternative rock, although I adore The Fray, but I also listen to new country, celtic, techno (although I don't own any), classic rock, and inspirational/christian rock and soft rock (yeah, I'm religious).
    Essentially if the singer's voice isn't terrible, I don't mind the music. That's one reason I don't like Smashing Pumpkins (his voice irks me).
    Ariah
    Ariah
    Admin

Buffalo
    Birthday : 1985-04-11

Post  Ariah Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:51 pm

Lol at Smashing Pumkins. Like you Kahlan, as long as the voice is good I can groove, I have to say the same for the instrumentals tho, if the music is good I can ignore a bad voice.

Razz

Well it's great to see such a diverse interest of music, which is precisely what I had hoped for. Which is why we're doing our best to make sure that the music we play will please any ear.

Thanks so much for your input guys!
    Sorr
    Sorr

Rooster
    Birthday : 1957-02-08
    Humor : sometimes weird but always!

Post  Sorr Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:28 pm

not a big secret by now, I like to mix it up! Personal listening or personal invasion of all those tender ears out there - I sneak my favs in without trying to be redundant. Except for "Butterfly", that wil be theme song 'til I find another. and Siah, Eminem ain't so bad, let me see what I can do.
    Rivkah
    Rivkah

Snake

Post  Rivkah Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:59 am

Is that Butterfly by Crazy Town? :O

woot for good taste!

Just like what Ariah was saying, though the vocals in that song are decent but not favourite-worthy, I don't mind since I do really like the guitar in the background.
    calex

Buffalo
    Birthday : 1985-05-25

Post  calex Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:59 am

Butterfly by Crazy Town it's not that good, I think.
    I still prefer listening to the usual bands of today
    like Linkin Park, Green Day and my most favorite,
    Paramore! And if you already hear the latest album of
    Black Eyed Peas, their songs sounds like techno. Right?
    They really wanted to be in to the latest music trend.
    And yeah there songs were good.
    Siah
    Siah

Rat

Post  Siah Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:33 am

Linkin Park is excellent. And I was literally just introduced to Paramore, Remy Zero and 3 Doors Down yesterday - the music's great! I've got to listen to a few more of their songs though, to get to know their music better.

Umm, btw... do you happen to like dressup games? Try Sims3 - Best dressup ever Very Happy

I've got a list of some of the songs I gamed to in college. I'll be going through it sometime. But alot of the house songs, I can't get the artists for. Anyone know a site I can find the artists for house music and trance?

Snake

Post  Rivkah Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:25 am

omg I know, stupid playlist.com >.< I had like almost 500 songs spread out over a couple different playlists, and I get that silly error message too :'( Now they have that video playlist thing, which is definitely not as good because sometimes, for some reason, the movies won't play - and they are all from YouTube anyway, so you could just go to YouTube in the first place -.- Thank goodness for internet radio!!

And Linkin Park = <3

I also have recently become enamoured of Anberlin. They do rock/alternative music. (and I still love my old favourites - Incubus, Acceptance, Snow Patrol, Bullet for My Valentine, etc ^^)

And if anyone is interested in the Evanescence sound, you might try looking up Within Temptation. They are a dutch rock band that does much the same affect with ethereal vocals and heavy guitar as Evanescence, but they have a different element as well - they also have an orchestra supply a lot of background music, producing a pretty unique sound. I guess I'd call it... what, orchestral rock? Symphonic metal? I think their singer has an amazing voice - music style and choice aside, I do prefer her voice to that of Amy Lee's, actually.
    Siah
    Siah

Rat

Post  Siah Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:02 pm

I'll put forth my selection of 'foreign' favourites:

Eros Ramazotti
    Ketchup
    Stratovarius
    Bosson
    Abba
    Highlord (sometimes its better without the vids Razz)
    And I need to throw in Gorrilaz from the UK, just for good measure.

I don't really listen to 'foreign' music, but these are them that I thoroughly enjoy and can remember, lol. I feel like a traitor, but Sharon Den Adel (Within Temptation) does have a beautiful voice and moreso than Amy Lee imho. And they look so simlar too, may be the Gothic look though. I now have to update my cd collection. Some people are just so gifted.

I can only use YouTube for songs now... pity about my playlists. Crying or Very sad

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:31 am