Gamer's Choice Radio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ultimate place for gamers around the globe to enjoy great music and DJ's, catch up on the latest in gaming news, and to express themselves as a member of the most awesome gaming community on the internet.

5 posters

GCR Site Is {{{*No Longer*}}} Screwed Up

Ariah
    Ariah
    Admin

Buffalo
    Birthday : 1985-04-11

GCR Site Is {{{*No Longer*}}} Screwed Up Empty GCR Site Is {{{*No Longer*}}} Screwed Up

Post  Ariah Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:39 am

Ok, so you've probly noticed the site is screwed up. Most folks probly don't have the forum bookmarked or favorited and can only access the forum through the navigation menu on GCR homepage, so most likely very few people can read this right now anyways, unless they have the forum url memorized, bookmarked or favorited.

Anyways, GCR site is down, we don't know why. The people that host the site say that it has to be a problem with godaddy, and there must be some issue with the domain name, which I think is utterly ridiculous, but there's not anything I can do about it right now. I'll call godaddy's service number in the morning if things are still screwed up. In the meantime, everyone please be patient, hopefully things will be back to normal soon.

If not, then without a doubt I'll have to find a different site host which I don't want to do because I'll be honest, I have a really good deal through the people that are hosting us right now.

Anyways, that's whats up. I apologize that I can't do anything more to correct the situation any sooner.

Last edited by Ariah on Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Cause i can and i wanted to, and the site is working now!)
    ZainZalon
    ZainZalon
    Admin

Cat
    Birthday : 1987-06-10
    Humor : "Wait....you want to take agro? Okay, I'll just be over here....*whispers* laughing my butt off"

GCR Site Is {{{*No Longer*}}} Screwed Up Empty Re: GCR Site Is {{{*No Longer*}}} Screwed Up

Post  ZainZalon Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:58 pm

Yes, it sucks and yes we want to strangle them right now Razz
    Ariah
    Ariah
    Admin

Buffalo

GCR Site Is {{{*No Longer*}}} Screwed Up Empty Re: GCR Site Is {{{*No Longer*}}} Screwed Up

Post  Ariah Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:59 am

This nonsense is going on the third day now. I second the motion to strangle them. In fact lets hang 'em... *takes off to find rope*
    Ariah
    Ariah
    Admin

Buffalo

Post  Ariah Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:42 pm

For anyone wondering what the problem was, it turned out that there was an issue with the connection to godaddy.com from the server of our hosting service. It wasn't any fault of godaddy.com but some kind of glitch with our hosts server which hopefully wont pose itself as a problem again.
    ZainZalon
    ZainZalon
    Admin

Cat
    Birthday : 1987-06-10
    Humor : "Wait....you want to take agro? Okay, I'll just be over here....*whispers* laughing my butt off"

Post  ZainZalon Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:43 pm

Better not happen again....*Tunes up banhammer.*
    Ariah
    Ariah
    Admin

Buffalo

Post  Ariah Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:52 pm

*nods in agreement - summons my golem, Puppet*
    Ariah
    Ariah
    Admin

Buffalo

Post  Ariah Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:19 am

I could have sworn I had posted another thingy about the site not working, but the url ' gamerschoiceradio.com ' is not working, but if you click the link below you can still go to GCR's new site, the link is kind of a preview temp url of the site but its still functional so it will have to do for now until I get this problem resolved.

To make a long story short, there were server issues for several weeks, GCR has been going through some other problems. For those who aren't aware, Elven has been let go and Sorr is on a leave of absence for an unknown length of time. Mel needs time away as well and I myself have been having personal issues and needed a break also. So during the time that the server issues with our previous site and sever host has been going on, we've all been taking a break.. this isn't really the short version, sorry. lol.

Well yesterday I found out that the host provider has shut down their servers without having said anything to me, but it didnt matter because I needed to shut down the site anyways due to financial issues. HOWEVER, don't panic!!!

GCR is now on a free site, there is a problem with the domain name not working though and I will get it fixed asap. Music will not be streaming 24/7 as before, but will only be on during the times stated on the schedule on the site, mostly because at this moment I'm the only one that can dj. It's really complicated... but I'll try to explain.

Since we don't have servers to broadcast through right now, I've found a wonderful program that lets me use my computer as a server, but I'm not sure that I can allow anyone else to DJ by using this program by connecting to my computer, so unless we can convince Zain to use this program too, I'll be the only person who can DJ until I can afford to get another broadcast server. Whew. ok that was a lot to type. So click the dang link below already and enjoy what little there is to be seen on the new GCR site...

GCR Site Preview - Functional
    Ariah
    Ariah
    Admin

Buffalo

Post  Ariah Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:34 pm

Ok guys, it's finally been done. The original URL, www.gamerschoiceradio.com is now working! And the site is back with a freebie style and I'm the only DJ right now at pretty much random times, so just pay attention to my Skype status to find out when I'm DJ'ing.

So that's pretty much all there is to tell. Things ain't great, but their functional. There will be a new site and server as soon as possible but that probably wont be for at least a good month and a half.. We'll see...

But for now I'll do my best to entertain as often as I can, it'll probably mostly be late at night though... well, night for me anyways. It'll probably be during the early morning or afternoon for Riv and Siah and everyone on the Eastern hemisphere. lol

Anyways, so that's all folks! Hoorays for GCR being kinda sorta back. lol.
    Siah
    Siah

Rat
    Birthday : 1984-10-29

Post  Siah Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:07 am

Smile
    Rivkah
    Rivkah

Snake
    Birthday : 1989-12-19

Post  Rivkah Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:56 pm

Yay, glad to see things are back and working, especially when you've put so much into this! Very Happy Hopefully I'll catch your tunes sometime on GCR ^^
    Drakitara
    Drakitara

Buffalo
    Birthday : 1985-11-27
    Humor : if all the world's a stage, then where is my script?

Post  Drakitara Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:43 pm

omg i am sooooooo happy the site is back up and running!!!! i miss DJ-ing alot!!!!! but i know that soon we will all be back on the air and corrupting the entire gaming world!!!! and i'm glad i can access the forums too!!! teeheehee... good to hear from everyone too!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:30 am