Gamer's Choice Radio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ultimate place for gamers around the globe to enjoy great music and DJ's, catch up on the latest in gaming news, and to express themselves as a member of the most awesome gaming community on the internet.

2 posters

a bit on Rivkah

Rivkah
    Rivkah

Snake
    Birthday : 1989-12-19

a bit on Rivkah Empty a bit on Rivkah

Post  Rivkah Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:00 am

Good grief, I just realised that I had absolutely nothing in the "introduce yourself" thread! Totally unacceptable! I guess at the beginning everyone here knew me, and I kinda forgot about it after that Razz

Anyway, there's probably nothing much to say that isn't in some other thread, like the "what kind of music do you like" or "what kind of games are you into" threads. For the benefit of those among our number who hail from The Land of Shaiya, I'll just give some basic info, I suppose. I got inducted to this crazy family in October of last year, in Perfect World, and at some point early this year... I don't remember when precisely... was graced with the title "Marshall" (which Riv still wears, though there's like 26 members in Salvation now lol). I'm currently taking classes for my undergrad, which is why I have been neglecting to visit this site as much as I ought to have been, of late (classes just started). Umm.. what else.. I like games and I love music, and that's the important part, right? Oh, and I love my Salvation family! That's the important part ^^ And of course all the new faces I've become familiar with here Smile GCR.com aside, I also love Project Playlist (playlist.com) and Slacker Radio (slacker.com) as sources of music - and youtube is irreplaceable, of course. My favourite non-GCR nerdsites are slashdot.org and ign.com (slashdot for the news and interesting stories, ign for the news and cheat codes xD )

And for those from PWI, I'll just add that I've been playing on my main alt, my Veno DemonStar (who was in the guild for a time before I suggested she be kicked so I wouldn't be paying guild dues on her while she was inactive). I'm looking forward to getting that flaming blue hell hound on DemonStar at the next server update, and I hope to get her at least up to Riv's level. My fairies on all my chars are all like lvl 3, because I'm so greedy with my exp and spirit (and anyway, all the Discipline fairy does without adding skills is make you fly faster, and even with that skill a mount would still be more expedient). I actually have a question about the fairy levelling, if anyone here knows enough about it. It seems like since experience is so much easier to get while you are of a lower level, it would be more efficient to level your Veno while you are still lvl 20 or 30, rather than at lvl 65 or 70.. unless I'm approaching that illogically, and it actually takes the same numerical amount of experience to level your fairy regardless of your own level so it's actually better to level them when you are higher, since you get more actual exp per mob when you are high. Hmm, that made sense in my head, at least lol! Well I don't plan on putting much into them regardless. I'll probably be trying to do the BH daily quests when I'm a little higher and can solo them, though.
    Ariah
    Ariah
    Admin

Buffalo
    Birthday : 1985-04-11

a bit on Rivkah Empty Re: a bit on Rivkah

Post  Ariah Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:43 pm

First and foremost..

DORK!

Hey at least someone said it before Zain did...

Glad you posted this, it was very fun to read. As far as the fairies go, the idea is that if you get a fairy/genie/whatever the heck they are, from the start of the game then it levels up with your character and the amount they take away from your exp is supposed to be only slightly noticeable. that's why they gave out those little exp gifts for the genies when they came out, to help level them up a bit without stopping the leveling of your character completely until the genie caught up to you, but it is still difficult to level them up anyways because so many players were so high leveled when the genies came out.
    Rivkah
    Rivkah

Snake
    Birthday : 1989-12-19

Post  Rivkah Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:22 am

Hmm, interesting. Well, I have put like 20 levels on DemonStar without putting more than the given three levels on my genie, so I guess I'm a bit behind! lol And thanks for the info Smile And you beat Zain to it! That's quite a feat - he's usually got his finger right on the trigger of the Dork-o-Caller. And yeah, I am a dork Razz Glad I was able to entertain you, hehe ^.^

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:00 am