Gamer's Choice Radio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ultimate place for gamers around the globe to enjoy great music and DJ's, catch up on the latest in gaming news, and to express themselves as a member of the most awesome gaming community on the internet.

3 posters

Perfect World Review

ZainZalon
    ZainZalon
    Admin

Cat
    Birthday : 1987-06-10
    Humor : "Wait....you want to take agro? Okay, I'll just be over here....*whispers* laughing my butt off"

Perfect World Review Empty Perfect World Review

Post  ZainZalon Sat May 30, 2009 4:13 pm

(Posted on the website on May 5th, 2009)

Hey all. It's Zain here. I will be doing gaming reviews over the span of several weeks for certain games. Stay tuned as I host "Zain's Gaming Reviews", right here on Gamer's Choice Radio.
    Thanks for coming!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before I begin my reviews of this weeks game, allow me to tell how I will review. I base my review off an average of the following features: Graphics, Storyline, Interface, Music, and Cost. I reward each item from 1 to 5 stars ☆

The first game that I will review is the one we are based in, "Perfect World International."

Perfect World International" is a chinese-based MMORPG that was brought into the states in September of 2008. As with most MMOs, this game is all about partying with others. A lot of the game can be done on your own, depending on your class, but a lot more has to be done with parties. While this game focuses on you partying up with other players majority of the time, it also makes up for that with tough dungeons, numerous mobs and a lot of fun. This game is one of the first few I have seen to allow almost complete freedom in designing of your character. You can make the character look like you or a famous celebrity. The choice is yours.

The game currently has 1 expansion, "The Lost Empire" and is preparing for the next expansion, "Age of Spirits." While "The Lost Empire" expansion was for higher level characters, the "Age of Spirits" expansion will be tailored towards all character levels (at least that's what the rumors are).

Now time for my review:

Graphics: The graphics in this game are exceptional. The details in the highest settings nearly make it look real. Even the lowest settings, the graphics still are quite good. Only problem I have seen in the grapics are with the characters themselves, but even then it's not too noticable. Reward: ☆☆☆☆☆

Storyline: The storyline through the beginning of the game up until level 50 is quite good. It brings you in as you raise from an unknown being to a respectable ally against the Wraiths. However, after 50, it gets repetitive and slows to a crawl. Reward: ☆☆☆

Interface: The interface that you are exposed to can be tricky at first, but there is a help menu that shows you what does what. Once you get used to it, the interface is easy to set as you wish. Reward: ☆☆☆☆

Music: The music in the game is very repetitive. From the first lvl, you'll hear the same song through out most of the game. Only in certain areas does it ever change. If you like it, it is good listening, just repetitive. Reward: ☆☆☆

Cost: The biggest thing about this game, it is Free to Play, you just have to set up an account and download the game. It has a cash shop, but you don't need to use it to be able to play and succeed in this game. Reward: ☆☆☆☆☆

With the reviews complete, I give this game an overall rating of 4/5 stars. ☆☆☆☆

Well, the first game has been reviewed, I must call it a day. Hope you all come back for the second edition of "Zain's Gaming Reviews" when I will be reviewing another MMORPG, "Guild Wars".
    Ariah
    Ariah
    Admin

Buffalo
    Birthday : 1985-04-11

Perfect World Review Empty Re: Perfect World Review

Post  Ariah Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:45 pm

Very good review mister Zain. I'm eagerly awaiting the next review!

Smile
    Sorr
    Sorr

Rooster
    Birthday : 1957-02-08
    Humor : sometimes weird but always!

Post  Sorr Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:34 pm

A great job, Zain! (but in all this time, only one?), we play together on more than that! Oh, I remember now - quality, not quantity = good!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:20 am