Gamer's Choice Radio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ultimate place for gamers around the globe to enjoy great music and DJ's, catch up on the latest in gaming news, and to express themselves as a member of the most awesome gaming community on the internet.

Venomancer Guide

Ariah
    Ariah
    Admin

Buffalo
    Birthday : 1985-04-11

Venomancer Guide Empty Venomancer Guide

Post  Ariah Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:24 pm

1) with pets when youstart out at lvl 3 you get to use chose between 2 pets a wolf or scorp ( i chose wolf myself just cause i liked the look) these to pets youll wanna use till you can get yourself a Golem ( Magmite ) at lv 17-18 depends on witch one you chose crtal one or valcanicone i chose volcanic one myself out of just i was lvl 18 and didnt wanna get a lvl 17 one lol. both are good tho so doesnt really matter witch one you get. by time you do get the golem you should have atleast 3 pet slots now so you dont need to remove your first pet Just yet. reason for getting a golem are for 2 reasons as a magic veno your phs def will be really low ( mine is at 244 and im lvl 53 ) 2nd reason is there the best for FBruns able to put him in a large mob to pull one out without him dieing.

2) Now on to stats for best magic build you want to use JUST enough points on to carry your weapon and armour so nomore than what you need. rest can go in to magic every 3 lvl or so youll wanna put 2 points in vit so you get some health to live though a attack or to. most veno make a mistake in stats when thay wanna be a puremagic veno and put dex in there stats but you DO NOT need dex since youll be wearing arcane armour. for stats i would say go every 5 lvls pure mag all stats than check your armour and weapons for you next 10 lvls to see what str youll need for them and place points in str as needed nomore than what thay ask for. i know you def will be weak and youll seem weak but your pet will allways take the hits aslong as you keep him healed and alive

3) Now armour and weapon as a magic veno i use arcane reason being is it lets me place more points into magic dealing more damage. arcane also make you a better tank for magic casting boss' and mobs as youll find out at higher lvls with those boss' ( dismal shade being one of them ) weapons youll well its easy answer for that use magic weapons wands staff magic sward ect.

now ill post some pros and cons for you on this build.

(Pros)
    Good damage
    able to solo well
    wanted for Fb runs
    high magic def

(cons)
    not able to survive more than 1 mob attacking
    low phy def
    low health
    Ariah
    Ariah
    Admin

Buffalo
    Birthday : 1985-04-11

Venomancer Guide Empty Re: Venomancer Guide

Post  Ariah Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:36 pm

Pets: Get a golem as soon as you can. The earliest I believe you can get one is at level 18, it's called a Crystaline Magmite. The one I use is a Torgirn Puppet. I believe that each one has slightly different stats and in many cases I've found that my puppet has better stats than a magmite of the same level, even a few levels higher, so you might want to seek out the puppet when you get to level 21.

Golems are the best tank pets that there are. Some might argue and say that new Herc cash shop pets are better, but they can't hold aggro as well as a golem can so you may as well forget about wasting your money on one. Make sure you keep your golem at the same level as you, you're going to need it for the FB's and bosses. Also, if you want your pet to get better stats, be sure to feed it even when its not hungry. Spend extra coin on the expensive pet foods, it's worth it to have your pet's loyalty meter full at all times. With a full loyalty meter your pet gets more experience and better stats for each level.

_________

A veno needs to focus almost completely on magic as far as attribute points go. A few in health here and there, and you only need to get your strength high enough to wear your arcane armor. Only spend coin and spirit on your magic skills that don't require you to be in fox form. Don't waste it on the melee skill or any of the fox form skills if you're going for a magic only veno.

Now if you want to get crazy and try to make a veno into a barbarian (which yes it can be done) then here's what you need to do. Put attribute points into vitality and strength. I'd say alternate with each level, 3 points strength, 2 vitality, then 4 strength and 1 vitality. A then every third level you might want to exchange that vitality for a dexterity point. that's just my personal opinion though, as to whether its the very best use of stat points, is debatable, so if anyone has another thought on the distribution by all means post it up.
    Then of course you'll want to get all the fox form skills because fox form increases defense, and all the fox form skills are physical skills that require all that strength that you're building up.

Well that's pretty much all the important stuff. It's up to you which of your magic skills or fox form skills you want to max out. If you like to have a variety go for it, that's what I'm doing, but its a little bit wasteful because you could be getting a few select skills extremely higher than the rest and do a lot more damage.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:22 am