Gamer's Choice Radio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ultimate place for gamers around the globe to enjoy great music and DJ's, catch up on the latest in gaming news, and to express themselves as a member of the most awesome gaming community on the internet.

4 posters

Movies / Films

Poll

Is the saying "They're never as good as the first one." true or false?

[ 1 ]
    Movies / Films Vote_lcap50%Movies / Films Vote_rcap1 [50%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Movies / Films Vote_lcap50%Movies / Films Vote_rcap1 [50%] 

Total Votes: 2
    Poll closed
    Siah
    Siah

Rat
    Birthday : 1984-10-29

Movies / Films Empty Movies / Films

Post  Siah Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:22 pm

Movies are everywhere nowadays, from the Bioscope and drive-ins of old to the cimena and now digital 3D movies of our age: Lets talk the big-screen!

I've noticed more and more that film studios and their production houses are making sequels and prequels to films. Movies are becoming longer and longer easily breaching the 2 hour mark... up to 3 hours long.
    What are your thoughts on this?
    Do you prefer a short intense film, can long films such and LotR, Titanic and Saving Private Ryan still be intense?

Personally, I love a good long action as a form of escapism. I prefer longer films that allow more time for plot and character developement. They give the writer(s) time to finish off all the loose ends and give films a well rounded feel.

Some films that kept me engrossed:
    Saving Private Ryan
    Pearl Harbour
    Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Rings
    Lord of the Rings The Two Towers
    Lord of the Rings The Return of the King
    Independance Day (Will Smith - sci-fi)
    Contact

Some films that lost my attention completely
    Capote
    Madagascar 2
    I know what you did last summer (all of them)
    Out of Africa Smile
    The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    Miss Congeniality (1&2)
    Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind
    Vanilla Skies

I know, I know. It seems that I do prefer actions to Nouveau or Chick-flick films.
    Thats what your opinions are for. What are your likes? Got any pet peeves?

Soon to come...
    Games to Films and that big no-no Films to Games.
    Ariah
    Ariah
    Admin

Buffalo
    Birthday : 1985-04-11

Movies / Films Empty Re: Movies / Films

Post  Ariah Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:56 am

Hehe. I consider myself a pretty hardcore movie critic. I'll try not to let this get too lengthy...

I think that a sequel can be very successful and engaging if it is properly directed. Some movies flop based on poor special effects, poor dialogue, poor lighting and camera angels. Movies that do well in these areas do well in general.

The story line is of course the key element to a movie. If a movie is interesting enough to warrant a sequel or prequel then the producers and directors, and yes the actors too, better make sure that they make the effort to make the movie as good or better than the first.

Very Successful Sequels and Prequels in My Opinion:
    - Hannibal
    - Red Dragon
    - Fast and Furious (yes the newest one in case anyone is confused lol)
    - Final Destination 2 and 3
    - X Men Origins: Wolverine
    - Star Trek (the new remake of original)
    - Dark Knight
    - Ghost Busters 2
    - Race to Witch Mountain (the new remake of original)

Some Sequel and Prequel Flops in My Opinion:
    - Scream 3 and 4 (2 was ok)
    - Scary Movie 2 and 3
    - White Noise 2
    - Bring It On, Again
    - Batman Forever
    - Batman and Robin
    - Spiderman 3
    - Son of The Mask
    - Return To House On Haunted Hill
    - The Ring 2
    - Starship Troopers 2
    - Aladin Prince of Thieves (yes the Disney movie)
    - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3
    ...and that's just to name a few.

Yes there have been many great sequels, prequels and remakes, but they are the ones that have had great directors and actors who are great for the roll they are playing and have a good understanding of their character. The effects, lighting, camera angels, music and dialog are all vital elements, but poor casting and directing can make all of that work go down the tubes.

And I might get under some people's skins with my next comment... but I have to do it...

Twilight sucked royal ass.

It's a great story, don't get me wrong. I haven't read the books, but the storyline in the movie is good. It's not great by far, I've seen vampire flicks that are so much better its indescribable. But this is still a good plot.

What ruined it for me was the casting mostly. Seriously... the guy that played Edward.. WTF is with those eyebrows??? I'm sure that can mostly be blamed on the makeup crew, but the director still had a hand in it I'm sure... But still... The acting was terrible, especially the girl that played Belle. The rival vamps were even worse. I mean talk about cheesy, it just doesn't get any more cheesy and gut wrenching than that.

The very worst part however, was the special effects. I could have overlooked the poor acting, the poor makeup effects, the lack of good music to fill in the atmosphere in certain scenes, but the special effects... OMFG. BARF. Major bomb. I mean, c'mon already, you could practically see the wires that lifted them up when they did the crazy super double jump thing. The way they didn't even look like they were jumping, they just 'magically' lifted themselves in the air... so lame... so unbelievably lame. And the super speed while they were running through the trees... WTF was that? I know it's not supposed to be realistic, but it's at least supposed to look probable and possible, it didn't even give the impression that it could have been real.

And seriously, the director should have went ape nuts when they decided it would be cool to do a major huffing sniff to smell other vampires or blood nearby. It was like they were sniffing in the entire room rather than just sniffing the air in a normal fashion. If they have super enhanced senses, why would they need to do a major huffing sniff to be able to smell something, they should pick it up with barely a whiff, snap their head in the direction of the smell and make mention of it or head off in that direction.

Then again... I'm so very partial to such things as Vampire Knight and Vampire Knight Guilty (vampire anime which is classy and has the most amazing and suspenseful plot EVER in the history of vampire flicks) and movies like Queen of the Damned, Interview With A Vampire, Bloodrayne, Blade, and if you want to go truly epic who could forget Lost Boys. Now those were bad ass vampire movies. Twilight can't hold a candle to any of those. Despite the massive fan base that Twilight has, it's only based on the love of the books and that simply cannot be denied, and the fact is that most of the book fans found the movie repulsive due to its many inaccuracies. Sure that can be said of most books turned movie, but this one was by far the ultimate flop of the century.

So I'm sorry if I've stepped on toes with that vengeful review of Twilight, but this is coming from a major movie guru who has almost seen it all, so please forgive me for being so cruel and unforgiving towards that abomination. If you liked the movie, I'm glad it tickled your fancy, but I'm one that will stand firm and say that movie is definitely going down in the ultimate flop history.

My favorite movies... oh gawd, that's as difficult to answer as it would be if you asked what my favorite songs are. There's too many. Seriously just too many. I don't have any number one favorite movie. I have at least a few hundred favorites. But if I had to list at least 10 movies that I could watch over and over and still love them, then they would have to be:

1. Dark Knight
    2. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
    3. Interview With A Vampire
    4. Next
    5. Pulp Fiction
    6. Pirates of the Caribbean (all of them lol)
    7. Fight Club
    8. Lord of the Rings (entire trilogy)
    9. Four Rooms
    10. The Mask of Zorro

So there you have it, a wild little ride into my movie mindset. I hope you've enjoyed the trip!
    Siah
    Siah

Rat

Post  Siah Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:44 am

Okay, so maybe this weekend we go the route of Vampire movies...

[Amature comments to follow, I speak for fun.]

Lady Ariah, I see that you included Interview with a Vampire amongst some of your favourites! I loved it! I absolutely enjoyed it.

Typical Vampire film imo?
    -Seduction/Sensuality
    -Incredible fight scenes.
    -A contraversial look at right from wrong. (Vampires are often conflicted about their diet)
    -A Hierachy
    -And mystery. (There's a lot of mystery around Vampires and what they embody, but lore will be an entire different thread)

So Vampire flicks?

Queen of the Damned - Filming continued after of the lead actress', Aaliyah, death. It's based on an Anne Rice Novel and has alot of lore and Early 18th century feel to it. Its a must-see for the story line if nothing else. A vampire goddess is awakened and she is wooed by a suitor, at least as far as I can recall. The end is awesome and the rock-star vampire ... so original.

Interview with a Vampire - Also an Anne Rice novel [mostly candy for the ladies imho] about a journalist who is permitted to interview a vampire, Brad Pitt. It details the vampire's story and some of his exploits - nice to see a setting back in the early 19th century. It invovles a mottly crew of vampires including a fearsome vampire on the brink of losing his sanity and a child vampire who cannot mature in the eyes of the others.

Vampires Los Muertos - Jon Bon Jovi stars in this film set in mexico (or some South American country). Vampire hunters go on a hunting spree to find the queen of a nest. Good action - not so good storyline as it stagnates.

Blade 1 - Wesley Snipes and some old dude. First bad guy was the crazy-insane vampire wannbe pure-blood played by Stephen Dorff. Cool martial arts meets 'Vampire Illuminati'... it involves a showdown of epic proportions against a blood god.

Blade 2 - Wesley Snipes meets a mutated vampire race who feed on fellow vampires. An ancient war grinds to a halt as an uneasy truce takes hold... or does it? Its cool with lots of twists and turns, I loved the good gagets and weapons using UV and lead and stuff. ^^

Blade 3 Trinity - An ancient vampire is awakened. He's the father of all vampires and is a little agitated at how his offsrping has fallen so far. He wants to rule and the hero has to face-off with him, even after a terrible loss. See the end come as an ugly surprise.

Underworld 1 - So captivating, this movie left me craving more. It goes into such detail about the vampire society and the goings on of ancients... imo its an excellent stepping stone for what followed. We see werewolves and vampires battling it out in both a bath of blood and an agressive political game.

Underworld 2 Evolution - Ancient vampires and powerful werewolves (referred to as lycans, although according to lore proper they should be called lupines) The battle rages on between the powerful immortals with devious conniving and beautiful fight scenes. A new breed has entered the equation... so cool! So very, very cool!

Underworld 3 - The father of the vampires is dead. Now enter the father of the werewolves. Also we're subject to meeting the father of both the vampire and werewolf progenitors. We meet the ultimate immortal, these three movies are as far as I'm concerned the ultimate in Vampire Films.

[I'm on my lunchbreak from work so a little later I'll introduce you all to the WoD... Vampire gaming! FTW!]

Link to a short WoD intro: https://gcradio.forumotion.net/get-into-it-what-s-your-kind-of-game-f4/wod-world-of-darkness-t34.htm
    Siah
    Siah

Rat

Post  Siah Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:59 pm

--Short interruption--

If you get the chance, I'd strongly advise watching Pan's Labyrinth. Seriously... I saw it last year and again this weekend. We all enjoyed it immensely. Its very artistic so please don't cringe at the subtitles. It was filmed with them there purposefully and is meant to be watched with them.

Pan's Labyrinth is to Narnia as Grimm Brother's Snow White is to Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.

--Interlude over, ty--
    Rivkah
    Rivkah

Snake
    Birthday : 1989-12-19

Post  Rivkah Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:12 am

lol there are Subtitles because it's a spanish film, and unless you speak spanish (like Bad Smile ) you'd probably need them.

But yes, a very good film ^^ It was one of the first I stuck on my iPod when I got it Very Happy
    Rivkah
    Rivkah

Snake

Post  Rivkah Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:26 am

LMAO at Ariah's commentary on Twilight xD Edwards eyebrows were pretty over the top! hahaha!

You're right, Ariah, the movie really did have a good plot line, and I actually really like the soundtrack to the film (which has little to do with use of music in the film, I know). But they could have made it much better. The books are actually quite enjoyable, and if no one here has read it already, another book by the same author but unrelated to the series is The Host. I've read it, and so have some other PW friends of mine like Dis, and we all thought it was really quite good.

And I never saw the movie Hannibal or Red Dragon, but I've read both books and they are excellent! Actually Hannibal Rising provided lots of inspiration for some fiction I was writing at the time lol

And the newest Star Trek movie was awesome. Xmen I thought did an excellent job of tying the movies together, whith this one ending where the first movie picked up. I still liked Star Trek more, though. The newest Transformers was also really good, but I liked the first one more, I think.

I think a lot of the reason why series that have unique plotlines seem to degrade over time is simply that the notion gets less and less novel. With the Matrix movies, for example, the first movie was so completely awesome because the whole thing was centered around this new and fascinating idea of what the matrix is, and why it exists, and it was all so creative and innovative and interesting. By the time the next movie came out, other movies had started to mimic the special effects the first Matrix revolutionized, and the plotline wasn't unique anymore, since it had already been established in the first movie. Instead of revolving around exploring the idea of the matrix itself, it followed the stories of the people, and that turned into more of a typical story line that was simply in a different setting. Anyways, that's my two cents Razz
    Ariah
    Ariah
    Admin

Buffalo

Post  Ariah Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:40 am

Ah my first response to the above comments is, 'YES!'. Pan's Labrynth was very fascinating and original and I enjoyed it very much. I for one don't have a problem with subtitles, since I'm always watching Japanese anime with English subtitles. :-P

Following suit with something spectacularly creative and original like Pan's Labrynth, I absolutely must recommend Mirror Mask. I wont give away storyline, except to say that it is artistic both in the story and the way the movie looks. If you liked Pan's Labrynth, then you will definitely enjoy Mirror Mask!

I also saw the new Transformers movie, and while it was good, I was slightly disappointed with the whole scenario involving what happened to Optimus. (For those who've seen it you know what I mean, but I don't want to ruin the story for those who haven't seen it.)

I wonder if they will every make a Transformers console game? If there is one I'm not aware of it, but I think its something that might be interesting if they did it right. And of course there's plenty of games that have been made from other movies, and likewise movies from games, although I can't really think of any right off hand at the moment except for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle games, which were absolutely horrible... I don't even want to think about those anymore... *shivers*
    Rivkah
    Rivkah

Snake

Post  Rivkah Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:12 am

Yes, I do know what you mean about the Optimus thing -.- I mean it was resolved alright in the end, but still, it could have been a little more satisfying. And I am still wondering one thing - I'll try and phrase this without giving anything away in case some haven't seen the movie yet, lol - does Sam still have that information that got transferred into him in the beginning of the movie? I mean, is he going to keep having those symbols running through his head? I don't remember that ever getting resolved. It would definitely make studying easier for him, lol. He should pass that astronomy class without effort, now xD

Mirror's Mask.. is that a foreign film, like Pan's Labyrinth? Maybe I'll try DLing it. It's intriguing to have it compared to Pan's, since I did very much enjoy the artistic nature of that movie.

I'm pretty sure there is a tranformer's game, either already out there or in the making. There are lots and lots of other made from movies - a whole lot of the Marvel movies, like the Hulk, had games, and so did most of the big money-makers like LoTR and Star Wars. Even Pirates of the Caribbean had a game, which we got in the PI a couple years back, but I don't think I tried it more than once (not the sort of thing we'd spend money on at our local Gamestop, or anything Razz )

Movies from games... hmm. I know there are some well-known ones, I'm just having a hard time thinking of them right now >.< Ooh, ooh, Pokemon!! I actually went and watched the Pokemon movie in theatres, the one with Mew Two (dunno if I spelled Mew correctly lol). And it was actually a decent movie, I remember, though of course I was little at the time so I dunno if I'd like it now. Oh, and Doom! That was a really bad movie, actually, though I loved the game. It was just kind of... I mean, they tried to make it too similar to the FPS. I think they should have taken a different approach and tried to make it more removed, more like a normal movie. The way they did it, it wasn't unique or engaging enough by normal movie standards, and yet by game standards, the game itself would have been more satisfying- so by trying to fall into a middle ground between movie and game they ended up failing on both sides. If that even makes sense.

Aha, Google and Wikipedia to the rescue! A list of movies that have been made from games:

[lemme insert one last comment before this epic-length list of games - they;ve got BioShock, Deus Ex, and Mass Effect under games they are considering turning into movies o_O I was a huge fan of Mass Effect, and even while we were playing it my brother commented that the story line would have made a great movie. Deus Ex, too, follows a story line that I can see being popular in today's movies (anyone seen the previews for Surrogates? so looking forward to that one). That whole genetic manipulation element I can see being very appealing. BioShock I only played a little bit, in the downloadable preview I got on the Xbox Live on the 360 we've got. But it seemed pretty fun, and now gaming magazines are sticking BioShock II on all their covers, giving it more hype than Starcraft II even, so I can also see that being a money-maker. And it, too, followed the whole genetic manipulation theme. Come to think of it, there's a very similar element in Deus Ex and BioShock.]

This article provides lists of films based on video games.

Released films

The following is a list of films released theatrically at the time of introduction. Some may not have been given worldwide theatrical release.

* Super Mario Bros.: Peach-Hime Kyushutsu Dai Sakusen! (July 20, 1986)
    * Super Mario Bros. (May 28, 1993)
    * Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture (July 16, 1994)
    * Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie (August 6, 1994)
    * Double Dragon (November 4, 1994)
    * Street Fighter (December 23, 1994)
    * Mortal Kombat (August 18, 1995)
    * Mortal Kombat: Annihilation (November 21, 1997)
    * Pokémon: The First Movie - Mewtwo Strikes Back (July 18, 1998)
    * Wing Commander (March 12, 1999)
    * Pokémon: The Movie 2000 - The Power of One (July 17, 1999)
    * Pokémon 3: The Movie - Spell of the Unown (July 8, 2000)
    * Shenmue: The Movie (January 20, 2001)
    * Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (June 15, 2001)
    * Pokémon 4Ever - Celebi, Voice of the Forest (July 7, 2001)
    * Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (July 21, 2001)
    * Resident Evil (March 15, 2002)
    * Pokémon Heroes (July 13, 2002)
    * Pokémon: Jirachi Wishmaker (July 19, 2003)
    * Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life (July 25, 2003)
    * House of the Dead (October 10, 2003)
    * Pokémon: Destiny Deoxys (July 22, 2004)
    * Resident Evil: Apocalypse (September 10, 2004)
    * Alone in the Dark (January 28, 2005)
    * Air (February 5, 2005)
    * Pokémon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew (July 16, 2005)
    * Final Fantasy VII Advent Children (September 14, 2005)
    * Doom (October 21, 2005)
    * BloodRayne (January 6, 2006)
    * Forbidden Siren (February 9, 2006)
    * Silent Hill (April 21, 2006)
    * Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea (July 15, 2006)
    * Dead or Alive (September 15, 2006)
    * Dōbutsu no Mori (Animal Crossing) (December 16, 2006)
    * Pokémon: The Rise of Darkrai (July 14, 2007)
    * Clannad (September 15, 2007)
    * BloodRayne II: Deliverance (September 18, 2007)
    * Resident Evil: Extinction (September 21, 2007)
    * Hitman (November 21, 2007)
    * In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale (January 11, 2008)
    * OneChanbara (April 26, 2008)
    * Postal (May 23, 2008)
    * Pokémon: Giratina and the Sky Warrior (July 19, 2008)
    * Far Cry (October 2, 2008)
    * Max Payne (October 16, 2008)
    * Resident Evil: Degeneration (December 17, 2008)
    * Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li (February 27, 2009)

[edit] Upcoming releases

* Pokémon Diamond & Pearl Platinum the Movie: To the Conquering of Space-Time (July 18, 2009)
    * Tekken (August 7, 2009)
    * The Legend of Spyro 3D (2009)
    * Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (May 28, 2010)
    * The King of Fighters (2010)
    * BloodRayne III: Warhammer (2010)
    * Clock Tower (2010)
    * Mortal Kombat: Devastation (2010)

[edit] Films in production, pre-production, or TBA

The following alphebetical list consists of titles that are currently in production with no set release date, cancelled, or of unknown status. Some titles may be on-hold for the time being and will resume progression at a later date.

* Army of Two
    * American McGee’s Alice
    * Area 51
    * BioShock
    * Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars
    * Citizen Siege
    * City of Heroes
    * Deus Ex
    * Devil May Cry
    * Drift City
    * Doom 2
    * Driver
    * Duke Nukem
    * Dragon's Lair
    * Earthworm Jim
    * EverQuest
    * Fear Effect
    * Gears of War
    * God of War
    * Halo
    * Hitman 2
    * Hunter: The Reckoning
    * Kane & Lynch
    * Killzone
    * Lost Planet
    * Mass Effect
    * MechWarrior
    * Metal Gear Solid
    * Metroid
    * Medievil
    * The Neverhood
    * Nightmare Creatures
    * Onimusha
    * Pac-Man
    * Resident Evil: Afterlife
    * Resistance: Fall of Man
    * Return to Castle Wolfenstein
    * Shadow of the Colossus
    * Silent Hill 2
    * Spy Hunter
    * The Elder Scrolls
    * The Sims
    * The Suffering
    * Tomb Raider 3
    * Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell
    * Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
    * The Unforgettable
    * World of Warcraft

[edit] Made-for-TV

* Fatal Fury: Legend of the Hungry Wolf (December 23, 1992)
    * Samurai Shodown: The Motion Picture (March 4, 1993)
    * Fatal Fury 2: The New Battle (June 30, 1993)
    * Art of Fighting (December 23, 1993)
    * Pokémon: Mewtwo Returns (December 30, 2000)
    * House of the Dead II (February 11, 2006)
    * The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon (April 29, 2006)

[edit] Direct-to-video

* Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals (March 21, May 21, June 21, July 21, 1994) - OVA sequel to Final Fantasy V.
    * Battle Arena Toshinden (1996)
    * Tekken: The Motion Picture (1997)
    * Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer (1997)
    * Welcome to Pia Carrot (OVA) (1997)
    * Welcome to Pia Carrot 2 (OVA) (1998)
    * Street Fighter Alpha: The Movie (1999)
    * Samurai Spirits 2: Asura Zanmaden (December 24, 1999)
    * Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie (May 31, 1999)
    * Welcome to Pia Carrot 2 DX (1999-2000)
    * Sin: The Movie (October 24, 2000)
    * ZOE: 2167 IDOLO (2001)
    * Sakura Wars: The Movie (December 22, 2001)
    * Nakoruru ~Ano hito kara no okurimono~ (May 25, 2002)
    * Welcome to Pia Carrot - Sayaka’s Love Story (October 19, 2002)
    * Kirby: Fright to the Finish!! (June 14, 2005)
    * Final Fantasy VII Advent Children (September 14, 2005) - Sequel to Final Fantasy VII and part of the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII.
    * Last Order: Final Fantasy VII (September 14, 2005) - OVA released with the Advent Pieces: Limited DVD edition of Final Fantasy VII Advent Children.
    * Street Fighter Alpha: Generations (October 25, 2005)
    * House of the Dead II (February 27, 2006)
    * BloodRayne II: Deliverance (September 18, 2007)
    * Dead Space: Downfall (October 17, 2008)
    * Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete (June 7, 2009) - Remake of Final Fantasy VII Advent Children, sequel to Final Fantasy VII and part of the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII
    * Alone in the Dark II (2009)
    * Warcraft: The Horde (2010)

[edit] Web films

* Half-Life: Uplink (March 15, 1999)
    * Sonic: Night of the Werehog (November 21, 2008)
    Sorr
    Sorr

Rooster
    Birthday : 1957-02-08
    Humor : sometimes weird but always!

Post  Sorr Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:16 pm

Damn, ya'll are long-winded. I'm just going to sneak in and out here...

The Warriors is my all time favorite movie. Much older film, a gang is falsely accused of killing the #1 gang leader at a meeting of all the gangs in New York and their subsequent journey to travle the length of New York to get back to their turf. The finale is pretty cool. Lousy acting, but some great moments of literal Hollywood brilliance.
    Ariah
    Ariah
    Admin

Buffalo

Post  Ariah Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:02 am

Thanks so much for that list Rivkah. I noticed some names in the list of already made movies that I remember being so awesome, like Tomb Raider and Mortal Combat. I gotta say tho, the 1993 Mario Brothers movie was by far one of the worst movies ever. They could have, and by all means should have done sooooooo much better with it. But it's ok, at least that means that the game will forever hold a special place in my heart.

Razz

And Sorr, I haven't seen that movie, but I'll have to look for it, sounds pretty interesting, and to be your all time favorite movie, there must be something worthwhile in those Hollywood moments even tho the acting might not be so hot. lol
    Rivkah
    Rivkah

Snake

Post  Rivkah Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:45 am

okay, sorry for the lack of organization - this really doesn't belong in this topic, but seeing as how I couldn't make a new thread in the Newstand this seemed the most appropriate place to put this lol

But I thought this was pretty cool news:
    bounce bounce bounce

BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT®️ AND LEGENDARY PICTURES SIGN SAM RAIMI TO DIRECT UPCOMING WARCRAFT®️ MOVIE

Raimi, acclaimed director of the blockbuster Spider-Man series, will bring the forces of the Horde and the Alliance to life in epic live-action film. Charles Roven's Atlas Entertainment will produce alongside Raimi's Stars Road Entertainment.

LOS ANGELES, Calif. – July 22, 2009 -- Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and Legendary Pictures announced today that Sam Raimi has signed on to direct the eagerly-anticipated major motion picture based on Blizzard Entertainment’s award-winning Warcraft®️ universe. Raimi has, in the course of his career, clearly demonstrated a genius for developing and adapting existing fictional universes for mainstream audiences while staying true to the spirit of the original content.

Raimi directed the Spider-Man trilogy, which has broken box-office records around the world and garnered five Academy Award®️ nominations. Known for his imaginative filmmaking style, richly drawn characters and offbeat humor, Raimi wrote and directed the cult classic, The Evil Dead and produced 30 Days Of Night. He most recently wrote and directed the supernatural thriller, Drag Me To Hell.

"At its core, Warcraft is a fantastic, action-packed story," said Raimi. "I am thrilled to work with such a dynamite production team to bring this project to the big screen."

Charles Roven’s producing talents were recently seen with last summer’s blockbuster The Dark Knight, which grossed in excess of $1 billion, was nominated for eight Academy Awards®️ and won two. His body of work also includes the widely acclaimed Batman Begins and the sci-fi classic 12 Monkeys. Roven, with Atlas producing partner Alex Gartner, will be producing with Legendary Pictures CEO Thomas Tull, Legendary’s Chief Creative Officer Jon Jashni, Raimi and Raimi’s producing partner Joshua Donen. Raimi’s partner, Robert Tapert, will be an Executive Producer and Blizzard Entertainment’s Senior Vice President of Creative Development, Chris Metzen, a Co-Producer.

"Partnering with Sam Raimi exemplifies Legendary's mandate of marrying the highest quality intellectual property to world-class filmmakers" said Legendary’s Tull. "Sam's passion for 'Warcraft' is undeniable and we know that he will create an incredible film worthy of Blizzard's phenomenal franchise. We look forward to collaborating with our partners at Warner Bros. and continuing our successful relationship with Chuck in bringing this rich new world to the screen."

"Blizzard Entertainment and Legendary Pictures have a shared vision for this film and we searched at length to find the very best director to bring that vision to life," said Paul Sams, chief operating officer of Blizzard Entertainment. "From our first conversation with Sam, we could tell he was the perfect choice. Sam knows how to simultaneously satisfy the enthusiasts and the mainstream audience that might be experiencing that content for the first time. We're looking forward to working with him to achieve that here."

"Blizzard Entertainment’s Warcraft has become a second home for millions of players and Sam’s experience and talent make him the perfect director for this remarkable and action-packed world," said Atlas’ Roven. "Alex and I are proud to be working with Sam and re-teaming with our friends at Legendary and Warner Bros."

The film will fall under Legendary Pictures’ co-production and co-financing deal with Warner Bros. "Warcraft is emblematic of the kind of branded, event films for which our studio is best known. We have enjoyed great success with our partners at Legendary, and this is an incredible opportunity for us to work with Sam on a project that is so eagerly anticipated by so many," said Jeff Robinov, President, Warner Bros. Pictures Group.

Blizzard Entertainment’s Warcraft universe is a rich fantasy setting that revolves around the epic conflict between the opposing forces of the Horde and the Alliance. Since its debut in 1994, Warcraft has developed a loyal following across the globe, with several bestselling, award-winning PC games and a range of popular licensed products including novels, action figures, apparel, comic books, board games, and more. World of Warcraft®️, Blizzard Entertainment’s subscription-based massively multiplayer online role-playing game set in the Warcraft universe, is the most popular game of its kind in the world. Its most recent expansion, Wrath of the Lich King™️, is the fastest-selling PC game of all time, with more than 2.8 million copies sold in its first 24 hours of availability and more than 4 million in its first month.

Further details about the upcoming Warcraft movie, including cast and targeted release date, will be revealed as development progresses.
    Ariah
    Ariah
    Admin

Buffalo

Post  Ariah Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:24 pm

Wow that's cool, I can't wait to see how he does with the movie.

I've never really been a fan of Warcraft, I know, some would say blasphemy... but a movie really could be interesting if it's done right.

And I clickied your dragon eggs, Rivkah! I'm glad you decided to give it another shot!

Smile Wink Razz bounce cheers
    Rivkah
    Rivkah

Snake

Post  Rivkah Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:17 am

I agree, the movie could be pretty cool if done right - though it probably won't be hitting the previews for at least a year, I'm sure.

Yay, thanks for clicking! Very Happy And yours are hatching! bounce bounce bounce I like the miniature one ^^
    Ariah
    Ariah
    Admin

Buffalo

Movies / Films Empty ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  Ariah Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:48 pm

Teaser Trailer/Preview for Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland - Johnny Depp plays the Mad Hatter!

^Clicky the linky up there!^

OMG JOHNNY DEPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZOMG!!!

I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*faints*

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:47 am