Gamer's Choice Radio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ultimate place for gamers around the globe to enjoy great music and DJ's, catch up on the latest in gaming news, and to express themselves as a member of the most awesome gaming community on the internet.

2 posters

Shaiya and Fallout 3

ZainZalon
    ZainZalon
    Admin

Cat
    Birthday : 1987-06-10
    Humor : "Wait....you want to take agro? Okay, I'll just be over here....*whispers* laughing my butt off"

Shaiya and Fallout 3 Empty Shaiya and Fallout 3

Post  ZainZalon Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:07 pm

(Last Weeks Review, July 1st, 2009)

THIS WEEK'S REVIEW: Shaiya and Fallout 3
    Hey all, Zain here for the third edition of “Zain's Gaming Reviews.”

Amazing isn't it? I haven't gone crazy yet with these reviews. *Laughs*

Anyways, as I said this week is a double set for reviews. The first game in this weeks review is the MMORPG, “Shaiya”.

Shaiya is an MMORPG that was made live on December 24th, 2007 by Aeria Games. This game puts a new twist on the classic Light vs. Dark game play. You can play as either side, both sides having the same classes, only different looking and different names. There are several PvE maps for both sides with multiple PvP maps where you face off against the opposing side. PvP also affects PvE in the unique “Blessing of the Goddess.” The more the pvp players on your side beat the opposing pvp players, they higher the blessing and the better stats, regen rates, etc.

This game is currently up to it's 4th episode, “Eternity.” This has added a large amount of new features to the previous 3 episodes, such as the beginnings of an auction house, new skills, new gear, etc.

Now, there is a catch to this game, it is really required to be 13+, probably a little older due to the fact that majority of the female monsters in this game are topless, and in regards to the female player characters the armor can get a little skimpy.

Okay, now time for my review:

Graphics: Okay, the graphics in this game are pretty sweet, though some of the designs do look like they were done with straight lines, you'd have to look damn close to even see that. Also, with unique monsters, bosses and sweet looking gear at the higher levels, I have to give it a 5/5 rating.
    Reward: ☆☆☆☆☆

Storyline: The classic Light versus Dark storyline. The story goes that there was 1 goddess who ruled over Teos (One of the servers is called Teos, but that wasn't the first one strangely enough). When she casted out one of the races, another rebelled against her and killed her. However, before she was slain she changed into two entities, one of light and one of darkness. Afterwards the race that rebelled against her had split, with one side going to the light goddess, the other going to the dark. Both races were soon joined by humans who followed the light goddess, and the other race, the one that the original goddess casted out, joined to follow the dark goddess.

I know I gave a little bit of the story this time, but its kinda hard to shorten it any further. Anyways, in the PvE maps you are there to help rid the world of monsters that had come when the goddess was slain. In the PvP map, you do what you can to defeat the opposing side.

Interface: Okay, the interface, just like in any game, can be complicated at first. However, once you figure it out, it's rather easy.
    Reward: ☆☆☆☆

Music: Again, the music can be repetitive, just like all MMORPGs. The good thing is that each map and dungeon has their own music to go with them.

Cost: Okay, the best thing about this game, it is free to play. It does have a cash shop, but you don't need it to play.

Okay, that's it for the third game of my reviews.
    I give this game a 4/5 star rating: ☆☆☆☆

Okay, as I said, I am giving you all a special treat and the transition into the next couple of weeks, the console based game reviews. The next game I am reviewing is “Fallout 3.”

Fallout 3 is an RPG based FPS (yes, that is what I said, Role Playing Game based First Person Shooter) that was released by Bethesda on October 28th, 2008 (for North America); October 30th, 2008 (for Europe and Australia) and October 31st, 2008 (for the United Kingdom and Ireland). This game is sweet in the fact that you have complete freedom. You do your quests when YOU are ready to do them. You can do good deeds or evil deeds and those deeds and how you did them CAN affect the ending of the game.

The game currently has 4 downloadable add-ons with another on the way. The latest “DLC” expands the ending of the game and increases the level cap from 20 to 30.

Trust me when I say that even if you beat the game, you aren't done, there are dozens and dozens of quests that take you all over the game map. Several different weapons that you could use, melee based, small arms, laser based, or the huge weapons like rocket launchers are all over in this game. Plus the different armor types and you really get a sweet RPG. You can play this in the standard rpg of 3rd person (which really isn't as much fun in this game) or the fps 1st person. Okay, time for the review of this game.

Graphics: This games graphics are awesome. Things look like ruined messes due to a war, just like you would expect. The hostile creatures all are cool looking close up (which happens a lot in this game.) From zombies to robots, all just look sweet.

Storyline: This game is based in a alternate post-WWII timeline where a nuclear war had occurred destroying just about everything. When you get past the character creation, you start in what's called a Vault, basically a kind of shelter made to withstand nuclear war. You learn the game pretty easily, then your father leaves the vault (which was supposed to be impossible) and you decide you are going to go find him. I really can't give anymore away because it would ruin the game for you, but you do experience a lot even just following the storyline itself. But as I said, depending on your actions, the end will change.

Interface: The game interface is somewhat tricky at first (what game isn't?) But a unique interface with this game is the V.A.T.S or Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System. When you use this, you can target a specific body party and if you do enough damage to that part, it can cripple the foe. Of course, there are also camera angles that show from different view points when you use it (combining rts into the game).

Music: Okay, now this is an interesting thing. The game has a standard music that you can barely hear when you are playing normally. However, once you leave the vault, you get access to a couple different radio stations, one that plays the national anthem over and over again and another which plays one of 20 different songs. Of course, you get to hear most of them over and over again, which gets boring after awhile. BUT, there is also a DJ on that radio station (whom you do meet later in the game) that talks about things you have done in the game and gives some tips and tricks to survive in the game if you listen to it.

Cost: Okay, now here’s the one problem. Since this game is still fairly new, it is still rather costly, varying between 59.99 (for the game itself) and 89.99 (for the collector's edition). Even still, I would suggest getting it if you have an XBOX 360, PS3 or PC. It is still a sweet game.

The fourth game is reviewed with a 4/5 rating ☆☆☆☆

Well, that's it for this week. I hope everyone had a good time reading this (or listening if you listened to it on the station). Next week, the review is going to be a complete surprise to those that only read my reviews, so tune into “Zain's Gaming Reviews” to find out what next weeks game is going to be.
    Rivkah
    Rivkah

Snake
    Birthday : 1989-12-19

Shaiya and Fallout 3 Empty Re: Shaiya and Fallout 3

Post  Rivkah Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:16 am

yay, two games this time ^^ Fine job, Master Zain. The screenshots I've seen online from Shaiya look pretty good, and hopefully I'll get into the game soon. I did play a bit of Fallout 3 (my brother has the game on PS3) and I agree, the graphics for that are awesome! But I never knew that the DJ dude on the radio station would give you hints and stuff o_O I always just turned the radio off because I got tired of the music xD This is good to know!

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:35 pm