Gamer's Choice Radio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ultimate place for gamers around the globe to enjoy great music and DJ's, catch up on the latest in gaming news, and to express themselves as a member of the most awesome gaming community on the internet.

3 posters

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

ZainZalon
    ZainZalon
    Admin

Cat
    Birthday : 1987-06-10
    Humor : "Wait....you want to take agro? Okay, I'll just be over here....*whispers* laughing my butt off"

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Empty Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Post  ZainZalon Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:02 pm

(Aired on July 8th, 2009)

Hey all, Zain here again for the 4th edition of “Zain’s Gaming Reviews.” I’m surprised no one has had any problems with my reviews as of yet. Seriously, if you’ve got any complaints about them, you need to let me know. Even if you don’t, still, tell me what you think of them on the forums. All comments are welcome, so get to it!

Okay, well, this week’s game review is “Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess”

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is an action-adventure game created by Nintendo for the Nintendo Wii and Game Cube consoles. The game was originally to be released in November of 2005 but Nintendo delayed the launch to launch along with the release of the Wii in November 19, 2006, making it the first non-Mario game to go with the launch of a Nintendo console.

The game play is actually unique with the Wii version. You want Link to swing his sword? You got to make the motion, something I like because of the Wii. You don’t have to use that feature of the Wii, you can still use the standard controls to play, but that’s not as much fun.

This is one of the games that I classify somebody as a true gamer with (the other being Final Fantasy). If you haven’t played either of these games at least once, you aren’t a true gamer because these games have been out for 22 years now so there is no reason not to have played one of them.

Review time!

Graphics: The graphics are just awesome! Doubt me?... Just watch the video at the bottom of the page, you will see the actual game as well as the cinematics. As far as I’m concerned, this game has the BEST graphics out of all the Wii games I have seen so far.
    Reward: ☆☆☆☆☆

Storyline: As I said, it’s the classic Zelda game with a new twist. The game takes place several hundred years after Ocarina of Time and Majora’s Mask. This time, you have another dimension to protect Hyrule from; though you do get some extra abilities and help (transforming into a wolf is sweet).

Interface: The interface in this game is actually damn easy, you are shown exactly how to do things, usually multiple times before you even begin to start getting deeper in the game.

Music: And here we hit the snag. The music is still the same as it was in Ocarina of Time with just a few new songs added for different areas.
    Reward: ☆☆☆☆

Cost: As I had checked, the cost is varying between $39.99 and $49.99, but even still it is more than worth it to pick it up (especially the Wii version).

Okay, that’s it for this week’s review.
    This version of Zelda passes with 4 out of 5 stars.

Again, you need to be listening to find out what next week’s review will be. See you next week with “Zain’s Gaming Review.” Also, just to make sure everyone has caught on to this, the reviews that you will see posted on this page are always going to be the same reviews that are broadcast on GCR the previous Wednesday. So be sure to tune in every week to stay a week ahead of those who aren't tuning in. Those who tune into reviews rather than just reading them, might be treated with parts of the review, and information on future reviews that readers are missing out on!
    Ariah
    Ariah
    Admin

Buffalo
    Birthday : 1985-04-11

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Empty Re: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Post  Ariah Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:54 pm

ZOMG!!!! I've got to get a Wii!!!! This game really looks sooo beautiful. Although it is making me miss playing Wind Waker... Zelda FTW!!!
    Rivkah
    Rivkah

Snake
    Birthday : 1989-12-19

Post  Rivkah Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:22 am

I played this game on the wii- it was one of the only games we have that isn't more arcade-style, or the basic sport games that come with the console. It really was quite fun. It was a new thing for me since I'd never played any of the other Zelda games before. There were some parts that got tedious (i.e. having to complete a task that involved more trial-and-error mindless attempts than fighting skill or puzzle-solving). However, on the whole it was very enjoyable and I'd recommend it as a decent time-passer ^^

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:59 pm