Gamer's Choice Radio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ultimate place for gamers around the globe to enjoy great music and DJ's, catch up on the latest in gaming news, and to express themselves as a member of the most awesome gaming community on the internet.

4 posters

Read this before posting in the 'Avatars' forum!

Ariah
    Ariah
    Admin

Buffalo
    Birthday : 1985-04-11

Read this before posting in the 'Avatars' forum! Empty Read this before posting in the 'Avatars' forum!

Post  Ariah Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:53 pm

I aim to create an ultimate collection of avatars for GCR Forum users to have at their fingertips. If you would like to have a new category created so that you may help add to this collection, please post here to let me know and provide a way for me to access the pictures, whether you have them stored on photobucket, or post them here.

In order to start a new category, lets say if you wanted to create a category for Shaiya avatars, or Naruto avatars, you would need a collection of at least 15 avatars to open a new category.

Now if you don't have 15, or don't want to take the time to collect 15, you can start a topic regarding the category you would like to have created. If everyone pitches in together and posts up 15 pictures within that topic, then I will take each of those 15 avatars from the topic and create an official avatar category for them.

Once a category has been created through everyone pitching in and posting them on a topic, I will edit the first post in that topic (I wont delete the original contents, only add to it) and state that the category is created and that if anyone wants to send an avatar (or link to an avatar) in a pm then I will add it to the category, but I will leave the topic open for discussion.

So with that everyone, lets make this the most awesome avatar collection ever!
    Rivkah
    Rivkah

Snake
    Birthday : 1989-12-19

Read this before posting in the 'Avatars' forum! Empty Re: Read this before posting in the 'Avatars' forum!

Post  Rivkah Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:35 am

sounds like a good idea, instead of having to search hi and lo all over the internet for images!

I propose that we expand to avatars beyond those of a single theme - could we perhaps create a category for avatars that are humorous, or gaming-related?

I actually thought of this yesterday when I was talking to Ariah and she commented on my Skype status, and I said that I'd gotten it from an image on Facebook.

I dunno if you'd want to just have a general category for non-themed (i.e. non-anime, etc) avatars or what; the organisation would be up to our lovely Web Mistress. But I just wanted to share these with you guys, because they entertained me Smile

A lot are gaming-oriented (or at least nerd-oriented), but not all are.

Read this before posting in the 'Avatars' forum! App_full_proxyphp Read this before posting in the 'Avatars' forum! Blinddate Read this before posting in the 'Avatars' forum! Computer-friends Read this before posting in the 'Avatars' forum! Gamerlives
    Read this before posting in the 'Avatars' forum! Leeroy <-- and if you don't get the reference for that one (which you probably all will), check this out
    Read this before posting in the 'Avatars' forum! Milkshake_pokemon <--- you hafta sing the song when you read that one! and for anyone who doesn't get the reference, it's a parody of this song: youtube linky
    Read this before posting in the 'Avatars' forum! Stalegraphics Read this before posting in the 'Avatars' forum! Real-rational Read this before posting in the 'Avatars' forum! PeriodictableTetris Read this before posting in the 'Avatars' forum! Lemonadesucks Read this before posting in the 'Avatars' forum! Dragonketchup Read this before posting in the 'Avatars' forum! Chickencrossing Read this before posting in the 'Avatars' forum! Canttouchthis-1 Read this before posting in the 'Avatars' forum! Finals <-- my favourite Razz Read this before posting in the 'Avatars' forum! Baconramp Read this before posting in the 'Avatars' forum! Baconbutton Read this before posting in the 'Avatars' forum! Ninjasandlasers

okay, I do have more... somewhere, I think.. but the library is about to kick me out because they're closing, so I'll search more later.
    Ariah
    Ariah
    Admin

Buffalo
    Birthday : 1985-04-11

Read this before posting in the 'Avatars' forum! Empty Re: Read this before posting in the 'Avatars' forum!

Post  Ariah Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:05 pm

LMAO! Those are awesome!

And of course there can be more than just one theme. I've been waiting for folks to start tossing up AV's they wanted to have added to this collection. I'll get them organized in their own topic a bit later. Be sure to post up any others you want to share. Thanks Riv!
    Kahlan
    Kahlan

Horse
    Birthday : 1990-02-01
    Humor : Well... depends on the topic. Generally sarcasm

Post  Kahlan Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:06 pm

Um... just in case you didn't notice, the Hitsugaya Avatars under Bleach are all Kenpachi avatars... just thought I should point that out...
    Uchi
    Uchi

Tiger
    Birthday : 1986-05-17

Post  Uchi Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:28 pm

If I want to submit sci-fi Avatars do I pm all 15 of them to you Ariah? or can I put them in a post like Rivkah did? I think sci-fi series' give some of the best and most realistic avatars ever!

<3 Zhaan
    <3 Unimatrix Seven
    <3 Inara Serra
    <3 River Tam
    and many many more!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 7:25 am